Thursday, April 26, 2012

Sherlock

Season two of the Masterpiece series Sherlock will be starting very soon, and I'm really excited about it! And even though I just posted a blog yesterday, I felt like I really wanted to write about this show and encourage people to watch it because it's wonderful and amazing! (But I have other things to do tonight, so I will keep it short.)

First of all, Sherlock has some wonderful writers, Steve Moffat and Mark Gatiss (probably best know for their work on Doctor Who) are two of the best television writers. Period. I love their work! Second, the cast. Move over Robert Downey, Jr. because Benedict Cumberbatch was made for the role of Sherlock Holmes. He is perfect! And Martin Freeman (who I've always had a soft spot for since his adorable role in Love, Actually) is such an amazing Dr. Watson. I honestly can't imagine a better pair to play these roles!

But I think what I love most about this show is that they follow the original stories but set them in 21st century London. It makes my literary heart flutter. :)

So go to your library, and check out Sherlock season one, and then tune in to PBS May 6th for the premiere of season two! You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment